*This product is sold as a pack of 50 masks.
What Are Surgical 3 Ply Disposable Face Masks?
3 Ply Non-Woven Disposable Face Masks are quality non-woven face masks that are intended to cover the nose and mouth in order to minimise the incidence of cross-infection in surgical, medical, dental, food preparation and other clean or sensitive environments. This pack contains 50 masks.
What Can Disposable Face Masks Be Used For?
When someone talks, coughs, or sneezes they can release tiny drops into the air that can infect other people. If the infected person wears a facemask, it can reduce the number of germs that the wearer releases, which can protect other people from becoming sick. Disposable masks can be used to prevent harmful airborne substances from entering the body through the nose and mouth and also to prevent pathogens and germs being spread by the wearer. This can be required in a number of circumstances including:
- In healthcare to protect from germs and infection
- Personal use to prevent the spread of infection from yourself and for protection from other people’s germs
- To prevent cross-infection in surgical, medical, dental and food preparation environments
How Do 3 Ply Face Masks Work?
The masks are manufactured from 3-ply, spun-bonded polypropylene, non-woven fabric with an integral plastic-coated strip above the nose for optimum fit, whilst being light-weight and comfortable. The elasticated loops are latex-free to minimise allergic reactions.
What other preventative measures can you take to protect yourself from airborne substances?
Using a mask is just one preventative measure you can take to protect yourself from respiratory pathogens, dust and harmful airborne substances. However, it is recommended to not rely on masks alone to provide an adequate level of protection. Here are a few more steps you can use, along with the use of safety masks to protect yourself from harmful substances in the environment.
3 Ply Face Mask (x50 - 0.45p each)
Disposable face masks should be used once and then thrown in the bin. You should also dispose of and replace your mask when they become moist.
Disposable masks are easy to use, simply follow the following steps:
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser before touching the mask
- Remove a mask from the box and make sure there are no obvious tears or holes in either side of the mask
- The side of the mask that has the stiff strip should be placed at the top, across your nose
- The coloured side of the mask should face away from you
- Place a loop around each ear to secure
- Mold or pinch the stiff edge to the shape of your nose
- Pull the bottom of the mask over your mouth and chin
How to remove the mask:
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before touching the mask
- Avoid touching the front of the mask as it is contaminated – only touch the ear loops
- Hold both of the ear loops and gently lift and remove the mask
- Dispose of the mask in a bin
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer